Couple Activity: 20 min
- Take a few moments and think about what your highest values are for your family. These values might be peace, kindness, happiness, fun, curiosity, discovery, cleanliness, independence, responsibility, honesty, or any number of other values or principles that matter to you.
- Now consider how well you personally live those values. Are you kind? Or unified? Or clean? Or curious?
- Pick one of those values that you think you’re doing well with. Make some notes – in point form – about why you seem to do well with that value.
- Now pick one of those values that you think you need to work on. Why are you struggling? What one thing could you do differently that would help you improve the way you live that value? Write it down and commit to work on it.
- As a couple, discuss your lists and share insights. Remember to tread carefully. Only speak respectfully about one another’s ideas.
- See if you can pick out a single value, or principle, that you can work on as a couple.
- Track the number of times you succeed each day in implementing this principle or value, and discuss your progress each night. (You may also wish to chat about where things went wrong, and identify triggers that lead to mistakes.)
Ready to Make YOUR Family Happier? Sign Up Now!
SPECIAL OFFERHappy Families Kit$49
- Seven Lessons
- Quality video instruction
- Activities for parents and families